The Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP) is the program of federally-funded transportation planning activities to be advanced by Genesee Transportation Council (GTC) staff, member agencies, and other jurisdictions in the Genesee-Finger Lakes Region.
The Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Unified Planning Work Program (FY 2019-2020 UPWP) supports planning activities for the period of April 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020. Projects included in the current (2018-2019) UPWP that are not complete as of March 31, 2019 will be rolled over into the FY 2019-2020 UPWP.
The level of study for UPWP projects generally does not go beyond concept-level planning (UPWP funds cannot be used for property acquisition, site preparation, preliminary engineering, detailed design, operations and management, or construction projects). Projects must reflect the priorities and direction of the Region as represented by the goals and objectives of the Long Range Transportation Plan for the Genesee-Finger Lakes Region 2040 (LRTP 2040) to be eligible for UPWP funds.
The GTC UPWP Development Committee (UDC) – consisting of representatives from Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, and Wayne counties, the City of Rochester, New York State Department of Transportation, Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority, and Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council – has guided the development of the Draft FY 2019-2020 UPWP Project List.
All project proposals received by the October 19, 2018 deadline were reviewed by the UDC for responsiveness to the parameters and priorities identified in the Call for Projects. Every attempt was made to develop a balanced program of projects that is inclusive of as many of the responsive proposals as possible.
Below for your information and review is the GTC Draft FY 2019-2020 UPWP Project List. The list is available for public review from Monday, January 11, 2019 through Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
This document presents the projects considered and recommended for new funding through the FY 2019-2020 UPWP.
The Draft FY 2019-2020 UPWP Project List is available below in PDF:
Written comments may be submitted to: Genesee Transportation Council, 50 West Main Street, Suite 8112, Rochester, NY 14614, or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments will be accepted through Tuesday, February 12, 2019.
Subject to GTC Planning Committee review and consideration of public comments, a final draft of the FY 2019-2020 UPWP will be presented to the GTC Board for consideration and adoption on March 7, 2019.
Hard copies of the Draft FY 2019-2020 UPWP Project List are also available at the following locations:
- Genesee Transportation Council, 50 West Main Street, Suite 8112, Rochester
- Genesee County Planning Department, Batavia
- Livingston County Planning Department, Geneseo
- Ontario County Department of Planning and Research, Canandaigua
- Orleans County Planning Department, Albion
- Seneca County Department of Economic Development and Planning, Waterloo
- Wayne County Planning Department, Lyons
- Wyoming County Planning Department, Perry
- Yates County Planning Department, Penn Yan
- Lyons Public Library, 122 Broad Street, Lyons
- Rochester Central Library (Information Center), 115 South Avenue, Rochester
- Wadsworth Library, 24 Center Street, Geneseo
- Wood Library, 134 North Main Street, Canandaigua
For further information, please contact the Genesee Transportation Council at (585) 232-6240.